Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reese's Lip Balm

Regular followers of my musings will no doubt be aware that I am a great fan and consumer of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and indeed anything containing peanut butter (or "PB", as it is affectionately known around here).

Since I often have chapped lips in winter and therefore always carry a tube of lip balm in my pocket, you can imagine my delight when I discovered Resse's scented lip balm at a Hershey's store this weekend.

As you'd expect, Reese's Lip Balm is brown and smells of chocolate, albeit not of peanut butter, which would be too much of a good thing. Unfortunately, it has one major drawback: it also tastes sweet; so deliciously chocolaty, in fact, that you end up constantly and involuntarily licking it off - exactly what you're not supposed to do when you have chapped lips. No wonder the tube carries the health warning "Not to be eaten. Stop use and ask doctor if rash or irritation develops."

So now I have some Reese's Lip Balm - two tubes of the stuff, no less - but don't dare use it. What cruel irony!

Think I'll have another Reese's Peanut Butter Cup to drown my sorrows.

No comments: