Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups


What an omission!

Here I am, blogging away for weeks on end, and yet I forget to mention one of the gustatory highlights (aside from s'mores) of life in America: Reese's (pronounced "ree-sees") Peanut Butter Cups.

Picture this: crunchy peanut butter, not too sweet, slightly salty, covered in smooth, rich milk chocolate. Have I got your mouth watering yet? (Mine certainly is).

If truth be known, on a scale of 1 to 10, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups probably rank up there alongside - if not above - my teenage all-time fave: a Marmite, peanut butter and taramosalata sandwich.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get this item in a large box from your cheapo supermarket as well????? 50 at a time? Now I know why Reese Witherspoon is such a sweetie!

New World Newbie said...

I don't dare! I'm still trying to defy everyone's predictions that I'll put on 20 kilos while I'm over here, so I only buy them one-and-a-time and very rarely.

Ben said...

Mmm, sounds nice. You can send me one for Xmas. And I'm not talking about a marmite, peanut butter and taramasalata sandwich! Do people know you mean all those things on 1 sandwich at the same time?!

New World Newbie said...

Good point: I'll change the text accordingly.