Wednesday, September 24, 2008

NIMBY or IMBY?

It can be rather disconcerting not having a fence around your property.

Just now, a strange, bearded man in a hoody brazenly walked through our back garden (sorry: "yard") and into the next. It had me rather worried until I saw the logo on his back: he was from the electricity company and had come to read the meter.

There isn't really any cause for concern. Crime is extremely rare in this neck of suburbia - so much so that our local newspaper was shocked to report a spate of recent burglaries (two, to be precise: one merely attempted, the other because of an open window - and all the opportunist thief took was cash and an iPod).

In any case, if there were a fence around my house and garden, I wouldn't have so many squirrels, groundhogs, chipmunks and rabbits to put me off my work.

3 comments:

Ben said...

What work? You spend all day on the b(l)og!

New World Newbie said...

Hey! Shit happens!

Any more comments like that, and you'll be NIMBYD: Not In My Blog You Don't ;-)

Anonymous said...

now, now, children! That's enough!