Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Starbucks


You've probably seen the scene about Starbucks and decision-making in the Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan film You've Got Mail.

In fact, Starbucks doesn't just force you to make a thousand choices to get a cup of coffee. I went in there after some common-or-garden ground coffee, and having passed what I thought was the hardest hurdle - choosing the type of coffee - they wanted to know what blend I wanted and whether it was for a Turkish coffee maker, Bodum-type percolator or a coffee machine. And when I confessed that I needed it for the latter, I was then interrogated as to whether the filter had a flat or conical base. I ask you: DOES IT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE? (I bet it doesn't).

Honestly, I'd rather be stuck in one of those darned call routing systems than go through that rigmarole again. Come back Kenco instant coffee (which I can't get here either): all is forgiven!

No comments: