Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dorkism


Last night we watched the Coen brothers' latest film, 'Burn After Reading', starring Brad Pitt and George Clooney, whose performances were remarkable for their complete inability to be funny (describing everything as "shit" isn't). In fact, Brad Pitt would be my nominee for this year's Razzie in the Most Over-the-Top Acting category. The film's only saving graces are a wonderful John Malkovich and an amusing last 30 seconds.

But that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Trawling through the bonus features on the DVD for some light relief, I discovered an interview with the film's costume designer, who described how she dressed the apparently hunky Mr Clooney to make him look like a dork: a grey polo shirt tucked into belted jeans and trainers.

As a person who regularly wears a grey polo shirt tucked into belted jeans and trainers - something I have specifically done today out of protest - I take great offence to this remark. Unless, of course, sporting this combination makes non-hunks like myself look like Gorgeous George.

Any (confirmatory) comments? Mum?

1 comment:

Ben said...

I'd keep your shirt tucked in while you're in the Land of the Free