Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snuggie

It isn't very often that TV commercials have me laughing out loud. The following - for Snuggies, essentially a blanket with sleeves - had me thinking I was watching Saturday Night Live rather than Thursday lunchtime CNN:





Having seen the commercial, it's amazing to think that this is actually a genuine product someone has spent a lot of time, energy and presumably money developing. But I'm not alone in seeing the funny (haha and peculiar) side of this product. A cursory glance at the Internet reveals a veritable cacophony of protest, humour and general disbelief at this almost banal invention.

I know that winter is approaching and I always have cold feet, but a Snuggie will not be on my Xmas list. It would just make me look like a mad monk and frighten off the frolicking animals outside.

1 comment:

New World Newbie said...

I think the manufacturers have read my blog: they've now spammed me in case I decide I like their product after all!